28 May 2015

Righteousness

O Lord, our God, we give You thanks because You are righteous!  If you weren't perfectly holy then we would have nowhere to turn; no One to show us the right way to think and live and be.  I've come to realize, Lord, that sometimes I let the culture that surrounds us make me feel guilty for trying to live a righteous life.  Protect us from shying from following You just because someone may accuse us of being "self-righteous" or "holier-than-thou".  You know the heart, dear Jesus.  It is wrong to lord it over others - forgive me if I ever put myself above anyone - but it is never wrong to do the right thing and live the right way - for You are the Way.   You are the Truth, and in that Truth I must put my trust.  You are the Life, the right way of living for all eternity.  This day, and every day, O Holy Spirit, take my life and transform it into that which is wholly pleasing in Your sight - For Your glory always, my Lord and my God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment