08 May 2015

Leftovers

Dear Father God, 
You alone are the Most High.  There is nothing, there is nobody who is above You.  So why do I let other things take top priority in my life?  Why, Lord, do I just give you scraps of time?  Why do I think that You, Almighty God - Saviour and Creator and Holy Spirit of the universe - are worthy only of the leftovers of my life???  Forgive us, Gracious God, for thinking that whatever we're up to is more important that You.  Forgive us for falling for the fallacy that if we give up our time for You that we won't have enough time for the rest of what we think we need so desperately to do.  Will You, the Creator of time itself, not grant us enough time to worship and praise You?  Will You not provide us with more than occasional leftover time to reach out to others with Your love as You have commanded us to do?   Grant me the courage to give You more than my leftovers.  For You alone ARE the Most High!  Blessed be the Father, Son, Spirit now and forever, Amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment