09 November 2015

Waiting on God

Creator of the universe, Breath of life, Salvation of the world, on this new day it is so easy to want to leap into action.  I am not always a patient person, Lord. Waiting for You is not something that comes easily to me, as You know.  I chomp at the bit and forget that You alone know the big picture of what results - or doesn't result - from the actions I take.   Grant me the humility to confess that You alone know not only what should be done, but when.  Enable me to wait for You.  Help me to listen for Your voice and direction within prayer and as I spend time with You in Your Holy Word of Scripture.  Don't let my own voice drown out Yours.  Give me a heart that cares passionately about justice but understands that it must be on Your terms.  I am not called to act alone, but always within Your will.  O Master, grant me patience to wait on You before leaping into action, so that I do not leap off the cliff I cannot yet see! Father Son Spirit, protect me from myself I ask, for Your love's sake.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment